Monday 17 October 2016

The Staircase Card Tutorial Part 2 - Decorating Your Stairs & Window...

Back with the sequel... how I decorated the Staircase and Window.... step by step!

But for anyone that has missed it.. click here for Part 1 of the Tutorial... on how to make the Staircase and Card...

First up...  the holly boughs (or swags). I used Holly Berry Happiness
1. Ink up and stamp an Always Artichoke outline image
 
 2. Ink up and stamp a second Always Artichoke image to the right...with the second overlapping the first
3. And finish with a third...
4. Ink up and stamp the filler image in Garden Green ( x3)
5. Ink up and stamp 3 Cherry Cobbler outline bows

6. Overstamp with Cherry Cobbler filler bow

8. Fussy cut the whole holly bough/swags... takes about 10-15 minutes...and yes definitely fussy! As I said to my ladies... you will love me, hate me and then love me again for this card!!!
9. Add small dabs of glue to top of slats (I have added a dot so you can see where I mean!)
10. Position and stick the holly bough
11. Add the 2 outer bows

12. Add a small piece of Tear n Tape (or Sticky Strip or equivalent) to the centre
13. Add a small length of Bakers Twine (I used Cherry Cobbler from the new Trio pack) to your Christmas Trinket Embellishment and attach to the small Tear n Tape piece

14. Cover with the third bow...

Second up... the window....
1. Place a punched 1/2" Circle onto a 6.3 x 8.3cm panel of Whisper White card (US 2 1/2" x 3 1/4") as a mask. Think about where your tree will stamp (see pt.6) 

TIP- I put a bit of temporary glue on the back of mine to avoid movement. Remember that Tombow Multi Purpose is a great temporary glue when dry (if you have the time and patience for it to dry!!)
 2. Place a ripped post it note to cover/mask the bottom third of the panel
 3. Grab a Sponge Brayer and Dapper Denim ink
4. Brayer your ink over...
Start lightly (to avoid hard edges) as you can always build up and go darker... and darker...
 5. Remove the 1/2" circle mask
 6. Ink up and stamp a Garden Green tree from the Christmas Greetings set. Hopefully you can just get it on your masked moon!
 7. And a couple more...slightly more overlap onto the post it note to make them smaller...
 8. Remove your post it note mask...and reveal your snow...
 9. Die cut a Hearth & Home window.
 
10. Stamp a  6.3 x 8.3cm Vellum panel (US 2 1/2" x 3 1/4")  with white Staz On snowflakes  from the Greetings From Santa set. 

11. Add a thin bead of glue round your window frame
12. Adhere your vellum

13. Add another thin bead of glue round your window frame (on top of the vellum)

14. Adhere your stamped panel
 
15. Adhere to your card...
And there you have it... one finished card...

Right I am off to finish a few makes for my next class... and then I hope to make another few staircase cards! My head brimmeth over with other ideas!!










8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You for your efforts that go into providing us with tutorials!! Great Job!! Although I know I could make this by just looking at the card, but by see this tutorial, you saved me from trial & error on the stairs! Thanks!

Amanda said...

My pleasure Lisa... glad to save you that trial and error stage!!!

Lisa Bradford said...

Simply gorgeous!

Amanda said...

Thanks Lisa.....

Wendy Reed said...

Can't wait to try this. Thanks so much Amanda

Amanda said...

My pleasure Wendy... enjoy the staircase making. And thank you so much!

raaxx said...

Breathtakingly beautiful. I just found you on PINTEREST - so excited!!! Thank Youuuuu!!!!

Amanda said...

Aw thank you so much! I hope that you get to look around a while...lots of tutorials and tips around this blog! You may need a while.... and hello and welcome! Amanda